How to apply
We’ve made our recruitment process as easy as possible. It’s designed to see if you can help shape our future – and to help us understand you as an individual, your personality and of course, your potential.
Complete an online application form
This gives you the chance to tell us something beyond your academic info – like how fresh your thinking is. The form includes competency-based questions that we’ll review at a later stage in the recruitment process.
- Make sure you read the requirements. When you’re completing the form, be sure to include the correct dates – and don’t leave any gaps. No employer likes gaps.
- Use our website and research, research, research. Your application is more likely to stand out if you show a real passion for what we do, can show that you’ve read about what we’ve been up to and how we do it, and that you have a broad understanding of the world of insurance.
- When you’re answering the competency questions on the application form, use the STAR acronym. STAR: Situation – Task – Action – Result.
- Think about where your passions lie. Do you love meeting new people, handling data, looking at improving the way we work, driving innovation or helping others? We’ll want to work with you to make sure you get the best from your experience, so it’s important to tell us what you want.
- Save a copy of your answers, and along the way – it’ll help you remember what you told us as you go through the process and would help in case your browser times out.
Online Psychometric Test
- If you require any reasonable adjustments, please contact our Graduate Recruitment Team on: firstname.lastname@example.org – prior to completing the assessment.
- The test can be accessed on an iOS or Android mobile or tablet via the app, but you will need to download the app first. Or, you can access it via a PC or laptop.
- Find somewhere quiet where you can focus and give yourself enough time to complete the assessment in one sitting, as you won’t be able to come back to it later and it will be measuring the time you take to complete it.
- No practice is required. It’s simply a psychometric assessment in an engaging format.
This is where the competency-based questions you answered during the online application form are reviewed. We’ll be looking to see if your answers align to our culture and values – you don’t need to do anything at this stage as we already have your answers.
The next step is a phone interview with a member of our Recruitment Team. You’ll be sent an interview slot via email, but if you won’t be able to make it please contact us as soon as you can, to reschedule. During the telephone interview, we’ll want to learn more about your background and talents and what drives you. It’s also your chance to ask us any questions you might have.
- Before your phone interview, make sure you’re in a quiet environment where you can talk openly about your experiences to date and career aspirations.
- Have your CV to hand, so you can refer to your work experience and achievements while speaking to us.
- Make sure you’re well prepared, by fully exploring our careers site to make sure you have a good understanding of the company, the Graduate Programme, and what we’re like to work for.
Finally, if the phone interview goes well, we’ll invite you to an Assessment Centre in one of our offices. That will involve a business case study exercise, a critical reasoning test, a group activity, and a face-to-face interview.
- Explore our careers site to make sure you have a good understanding of the company, our brands – and how and why we do what we do.
- Review the material you’ll have received from our Recruitment Team (this will come with your confirmation email).
- Make sure you bring the documents our Recruitment Team asked for to the Assessment Centre – we’ll need these to conduct your background checks if you're successful.
- We’ll do our best to contact you about the outcome within four weeks of the assessment centre, so please be patient while we review your results.